Is Your Business Missing a Piece?
As an independent paint & decorating dealer, you know that there are a lot of parts and pieces needed to make your store work. Canpro is here to help the independent with the parts and pieces that you may be missing.
As a member of Canpro, you add to your buying skills the volume of over 1800 stores, earning you better prices, preferred terms, and volume rebates that are simply unobtainable by any single independent.
Each new member that joins our group, increases Canpro's buying power, and earns itself and the other members larger rebates from many of our suppliers. Canpro can increase your profits and allow you to be more competitive.
That is the Canpro advantage.
Canpro's mandate is simple, to save our members money, at the lowest possible cost to the member.
Canpro which has been serving the needs of independent paint and wallcovering retailers since 1996, was formed to allow our members to remain competitive with the onslaught of the “big box” stores that were then popping up across Canada.
In 2018 Canpro became Canpro Decorating Products Cooperative, regulated under the Canadian Cooperatives Act. Our members are the Shareholders, and they elect our Board of Directors and govern the operation of the Cooperative.
From our initial 5 shareholders in 1996, Canpro has grown to having over 200 leading retailer store fronts from across Canada. With sales in excess of $100 Million dollars we are by far the largest decorating products buying group in Canada.
In 2002 Canpro became a shareholder of the ALLPRO buying group in the United States, which has over 1800 independent store fronts in the United States, Canada, Ireland, England and Bermuda. Canpro members enjoy all of the benefits of the ALLPRO supplier programs.
When you join Canpro Decorating Products, you also get a membership in CFIB!
With 110,000 members, the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) is Canada’s largest association dedicated to increasing the odds of success for business owners. All Canpro Decorating Products members can enjoy exclusive CFIB savings on essential business services like payment processing, banking, shipping and payroll processing. Plus, you can get expert advice on virtually any HR, compliance or business issue - and a stronger voice at all levels of government! Click here to find out more about CFIB
The Canpro advantage
- Canada's only member owned Cooperative for Independent Decorating Products retailers
- Canada’s largest buying group for paint & wallpaper dealers. Maximizes buying power & annual volume Rebates
- Largest number of vendors including paint, sundry, spray equipment, window coverings and wallpaper.
- Paint programs with the major paint suppliers including Benjamin Moore, Farrow & Ball, Para, PPG, Sico and over 20 specialty coating manufacturers.
- Lowest possible cost. No hidden costs, kickbacks or commissions.
- Only one payment per month reduces bookeeping costs
- Access to products on a direct basis
- Monthly Group Booking orders for pooled savings on a wide variety of products saves shipping costs and reduces minimums
- Exclusive access to over 1500 “Canpro & Allpro Branded” private label Sku’s that are never available to chain or box stores.
- Network with the leading independent paint & wallcovering retailers from coast to coast.
- Canpro is proud to be a shareholder of the Allpro Buying Group in the US, with over 1800 member locations, in the United States, Canada, Bermuda, Mexico, Great Britan and Ireland.
What Our members are saying
"Canpro has given us access to products and prices simply not possible on our own. Canpro has allowed us to be more competitive and increased our margins at the same Time!! Joining Canpro is a no Brainer!!”
“Being a member of Canpro and enjoying Canpro’s Buying Power has given myself and my Company the confidence of knowing that my “buying power” is up there with ICI’s Home Depot, SWP, and other chain and Box Stores. We can get the business now and make a profit."
“Canpro has benefited us by many thousands of dollars, as well have met and networked with many members. Canpro makes you feel like part of something bigger will help us independents survive and to stay strong!”
“There is a obvious benefit from buying groups: buying at a better price, having access to more product lines, and of course the rebates. But the biggest benefit would be the interaction between members, sharing ideas and giving advice, all working together to grow our businesses!”
“I’m proud to sell Allpro/Canpro branded supplies. It helps me to be competitive and differentiate my store from “Big Box” retailers. Growing our own personal brand while partnered up in a brand that is comprised of a buying group of like minded retailers just makes good sense.”